Tuesday 2 February 2016

Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge (DT)


Hello everyone, I hope you're well.

This month at Happy Little Stampers, the CAS Challenge technique is
EMBOSSING FOLDER STAMPING - use an embossing folder as a stamp.


Our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers and the winner will receive one stamp set.

To make my card, I applied distress inks with a sponge to the raised side of a dotty embossing folder, spritzed lightly with water and pressed my card down onto the embossing folder. This was the first time I've done this technique so I was happy it came out OK. Added a stamped sentiment and flower and water coloured "hello" die cut.

I do hope you will join in - perhaps this is technique is new to you. We have some tutorials at the HLS challenge blog and lots of DT inspiration.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!


Also linking up to:
Just Us Girls - Tic Tac Toe (die cuts, stamps, flowers)
The Paper Players - Tic Tac Toe (die cuts, pink, girly)


14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great background using that technique Sue my friend! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Canonbury creations said...

Very effective Sue, looks great with the die sentiment, might have to have a go at this challenge!
Val x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This came out really pretty - such a neat technique! Its fabulous to be GDT with you guys this month!

Cheryl said...

This is a new technique to me and I love the look you've achieved with it! The die cut, sentiment and flower are just perfect for setting off this background!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Your card is gorgeous! That background came out really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Greta said...

Wonderful use of the technique! I really love the watercolored sentiment die--beautiful card!

sandie said...

wow Sue, I love this, gorgeous use of the folder, stunning card x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pretty card, Sue! Love the colors and pink die-cut sentiment is perfect on this background.

Toni said...

Very pretty and girly!

Toni

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so pretty! I love this technique and it worked perfectly for your card! So girly and FUN! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

LeAnne said...

Very cool technique....love that background and your fun diecuts! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Definitely pink and girly - what a great background too. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!

Chrissie said...

That special background stamping looks simply terrific Sue!
Fab card!
Chrissie x

sandie said...

loving that background and pretty pink colour x